Danger Lurks In Porridge


Make text smaller Make text larger




A local restaurant is being sued by one of its diners for serving oatmeal sprinkled with unidentified bits of something nasty. Dominick Loizzo, 28, claims in a Manhattan Supreme Court lawsuit that his meal at [Pump Energy Food in Chelsea] left him hospitalized thanks to what seems to have been pieces of a metal spoon swirled throughout. Loizzo, a personal trainer, said the incident occurred on Dec. 12 when he went to his regular haunt for hot cereal with bananas. But apparently there was a little something special mixed in. Loizzo says he began choking and experienced pain in his stomach. Some might wonder why if the pieces were big enough to choke on, he didn’t notice them in the first place, but those people probably aren’t doctors. The suit seeks unspecified money damages for Loizzo’s suffering.


Photo courtesy of [nate steiner on Flickr]



Make text smaller Make text larger

Comments



MUST READ NEWS

VIDEOS



Sign up to get our newsletter emailed to you every week!

  • Enter your email address in the box below.
  • Select the newsletters you would like to subscribe to.
  • Click the 'SUBSCRIBE' button.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Neighborhood Newsletters


MOST READ

Local News
2017 Building Service Worker Awards
  • Oct 17, 2017
City Arts News
Seeing India through color lenses
  • Oct 17, 2017
Local News
How sleep affects your weight
  • Oct 18, 2017
City Arts News
Rewinding VHS tapes in a digital age
  • Oct 17, 2017
Columns\Op-Ed
Pressing buttons
  • Oct 16, 2017
Local News
Contesting the ‘Con-Con’
  • Oct 17, 2017
Local News
No boundaries
  • Oct 17, 2017
Local News
81st St. bridge project near completion
  • Oct 13, 2017
Local News
Grocer at the crossroads
  • Oct 18, 2017

MOST COMMENTED