Not Quite Newsworthy
• My Hero: Not one to turn down a dare, a Brooklyn teen [climbed into a mailbox] yesterday, only to get stuck and subsequently pried out by cops. Oddly enough, the 16-year-old was not charged with mail tampering.
• Organic Dates: The New York Sun reports that [Whole Foods Bowery](http://www.nysun.com/article/58574) boasts a thriving [Fauxbo](http://www.nypress.com/20/9/news&columns/feature.cfm) pickup scene. A local 22-year-old Nolita girl told the paper that a 40-plus-year-old man held the door for her and asked, “Is this the exit for the beautiful girls?” Let’s not all rush over there at once.
• Politically Incorrect: In Buffalo on Saturday, a bunch of thugs [beat an amputee](http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/2007/07/16/2007-07-16_thugs_attack_amputee_with_his_artificial.html) with his own prosthetic leg. Richard Kelly, 43, suffered several broken ribs and a punctured lung, but is still thankful to the Lord that took his right leg from the knee down in a car accident eight years ago.
• No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: A New Jersey woman accidentally sold her mother’s .75 carat diamond and platinum wedding ring for $140 at a [church yard sale](http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_198094433.html) on July 7. She’s willing to pay upwards of 141 bucks to get it back.
MUST READ NEWS
Sign up to get our newsletter emailed to you every week!
- Enter your email address in the box below.
- Select the newsletters you would like to subscribe to.
- Click the 'SUBSCRIBE' button.